Speech & Language
Ortiz Picture Vocabulary Acquisition Test™
Samuel O. Ortiz, Ph.D.
Assess receptive vocabulary acquisition with the only dual normed test for both English Speakers and English Learners
The Ortiz PVAT is the first receptive vocabulary assessment that can be used to fairly and accurately assess both English speakers and English learners. With unique dual norms (English Speaker norms as well as English Learner norms that control for exposure to English), the Ortiz PVAT makes it possible to evaluate an individual from any language background, determine whether an individual’s English vocabulary performance follows expected patterns (as either a native English speaker or an English learner), or rather, is suggestive of a language problem or disorder.
Delivered in a fully digital format, the Ortiz PVAT represents a new direction in fair and standardized receptive vocabulary assessment that allows any practitioner to make valid diagnostic and intervention decisions.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Assess both English Speakers and English Learners (irrespective of their primary language) accurately with one, user-friendly test
- Easy administration in English to allow for use by any English-speaking practitioner
- Exposure to English controlled for in the creation of the assessment’s English Learner norms
- Experience this revolutionary test in two convenient ways, either on your iPad or on your Windows computer
- Digital format with fully computerized administration and scoring, with built in basal and ceiling
- Ecologically valid visual stimuli using photographs of real objects/actions and pre-recorded audio for target word presentation with neutral pronunciation and voicing
- Psychometrically equivalent parallel forms (Form A and Form B) for progress monitoring (included in software; no separate purchase necessary)
Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language, Second Edition
Elizabeth Carrow-Woolfolk, Ph.D.
Measures the oral language processing skills of comprehension and expression
The Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language, Second Edition is the most up-to-date measure of oral language skills available. It offers the flexibility of 14 stand-alone tests in one comprehensive yet specific battery. Preserving the strengths of the original and highly regarded test, the second edition introduces new and enhanced features to increase validity, functionality, and ease of use.
- All new normative data and more extensive clinical groups
- 14 individual tests (the original CASL's Paragraph Comprehension test was removed )
- Expanded age range for most of the 14 tests to include younger children
- Updated item content to address current technology (no more payphone!)
- Full-color easels featuring new artwork that is more engaging for young children
- Alternative scoring guidelines for African-American dialect
- Updated record form design that makes scoring easier and includes an Item Analysis Worksheet for each test, to help develop intervention plans and write IEP goals
- Easy to remember start and stop rules that are consistent across all tests
- Free online scoring and reporting
Key Areas Measurd
- Retrieval Skills
- Syntactic Skills
- Supralinguistic Skills
- Pragmatic Skills
Slosson Intelligence Test-4th Edition
Richard L. Slosson; revised by Bradley T. Erford, PhD, Sue L. Larson, PhD, and Steven W. Slosson
A screening measure of cognitive ability for children and adults, including those who are visually impaired or blind
The SIT-4 is a verbal screening measure of cognitive ability for children and adults, ideal for those with visual impairment, reading disabilities, or other conditions.
New in this edition:
- Includes a color-coded score sheet
- Features large color stimulus items for visually impaired individuals
- Measures administration and scoring simultaneously
- Uses a standard deviation (SD) of 15
- Newly calibrated normative data
Key Areas Measured
- General Information
- Similarities and Differences
- Auditory Memory